Thursday, January 11, 2007

Intersection of Love

Have you ever stopped at a red light and looked over and seen a really attractive member of the opposite sex and they're sitting there doing something that says something about their personality that you really dig. So you totally fall in love with this person only to have the light turn green and you never see them again. Then you say to yourself, "I've been in love on thousand nights at a thousand lights but not like this before." Well I know I have found myself in this situation (but not recently because of the 'ole ball and chain that I have recently aqquired, so I'm not allowed to participate in any more of these intersection endeavors.). Anyway, I thought I would write a poem about this time in our lives, but I was far too lazy so I just wrote the last little bit. Enjoy!


And now I find I drive along the road and hope that chance will lead us to the light where we will stop and we will glance. I'd give my life, I'd give my heart, give all I can afford, to catch a glimpse and set my eyes, my eyes for your Accord.

4 comments:

Merrilee said...

I'm sorry, I can't relate

Ryan Maguire said...

I can relate. But just like all other girls in my life, they don't notice me and are quickly gone. Just kidding....kind of.

Amy Grace said...

I really don't know what to say to that

AJ Harbison said...

My thought is: You should write a song which includes the line "I've been in love on a thousand nights at a thousand lights / But not like this before." Or wait, maybe I'll do that.

I liked the poem, but it would have been nice if you could have separated the 4 lines.

AJ
<><